Pages

Thursday, November 6, 2014

Holding 3 Strands Together

What happens when your man surprises you with a huge purchase of yarn? Make incredibly fun and functional stuff. Mister scored a huge pallet of yarn at an auction a few years ago. A steal at only 25 bucks. From that yarn stash, I have crocheted a funky poncho for daughter #2, two huge blankets (afghans if you must) and many smaller projects like dish clothes. Okay, you get the point. A whole lot of crocheting going on with that mere financial investment. I heart auctions.

I've branched out.


Who doesn't need a basket made of yarn? I use my yarn basket to hold my yarn. I am working on the third edition. The pattern uses up the odds and ends, those little balls of mismatched crazy yarn in my stash.

Mister watches football and I crochet. In two evenings of relaxing enjoyment, one basket can easily be crafted up. I would consider myself an intermediate level crocheter. There's very little in the way of actually crocheting that I have not attempted or mastered. I cannot however design my own patterns or make majors changes to existing ones.

Check out Red Heart Yarn. I found this FREE pattern on their website.

I'll crochambeau you for it! Yah, that line never gets old around this house.



3 comments:

  1. We're acting like twins again. I've been making dishcloths as we watch movies. I bought all this cotton yarn for my road trip last summer, and felt obligated to use it up.

    An entire palate would be...challenging. I like the basket idea-that's a good one to know about.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What good movies have been running at your place. I recently watched "On My Way" it's a good foreign film. "Motorcycle Diaries" is among my favorites too. I love crocheting, it's therapeutic, until my fingers start to cramp.
      Check out Red Heart yarns and search for Glowing Embers Basket. I just used random yarn and disregarded their color choices. It's a quick keeper pattern.

      Delete
  2. Showing that I'm still a teenager, I've been watching things like, "The Campaign", and "Kick Ass." Oh sure, we've watched serious documentaries too, but by the end of the day comedy has been about all I can take. I loved the Motorcycle Diaries.

    ReplyDelete