Pages

Thursday, April 18, 2013

Spring!

The sunrise this morning in my part of the world was a beauty. After a long torture of winter, it was nice to enjoy my morning coffee on the back porch without freezing. Spring brings lots of extra work. No complaints from me though. It's time to dig in the dirt and make our new home attractive on the outside. With the beautiful sunrise, my energy is rising too. I feel motivated to start working on the herb garden.

I brought my chives from the old herb garden to our new home and I see they have wintered over well and are thriving in a little space between two rocks. The rest of my herbs were left behind at the old house. Essentially I am started this new herb garden from scratch.

I can't imagine a summer without fresh cilantro, chives, oregano, and sage. It's time to get down and dirty. I hope the weather holds out for me, at least for a few days, so I can get a tasty little patch of cooking herbs started.

Happy Spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment