Pages

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Cornbread


Hudson Cream Self-Rising flour is the bomb. I use it for my biscuits and my cornbread.

Cornbread

1 cup yellow cornmeal
1 cup Hudson Cream Self rising flour
4 Tablespoons white sugar
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 cup milk
1 egg

Mix dry ingredients together. Mix together oil, milk, and lightly beaten egg. Add the wet to the dry. Mix just to moisten.

Note***  I have always used my cast iron skillet for my cornbread. I add a dollop of shortening to the pan and set it in the oven to melt and heat the pan. Then pour in the batter this results in a wonderful deep golden crust. You use caution though, Hot pan, hot oil and all.

Spray pan with non-stick spray and bake cornbread in a preheated 425 degree oven for 20 minutes. Feel free to add cheddar cheese, green onions or just about any herb of your choice. I went with the plain jane version tonight.



No comments:

Post a Comment