Pages

Sunday, December 20, 2009

Mexican Wedding Cookies

This recipe was given to me years ago. I believe these cookies are also sometimes referred to as Wedding Cakes, Russian Tea Cakes etc. I post the recipes as they were written and given to me and this particular recipe is named Mexican Wedding Cookies.

Mexican Wedding Cookies

1 cup butter softened
2 cups ground pecans
4 Tablespoons white sugar
2 tsp. vanilla extract
2 cups all purpose flour
powdered sugar for rolling the cookies in

Mix all ingredients well with hands until smooth. Knead slightly and roll into 1" balls. Bake at 325 degrees for 40-45 minutes. Roll in powdered sugar while still hot, cool and roll in powdered sugar again.


A few pieces of the pecans are finely chopped and not ground. The chopped nuts add texture and I prefer the cookie that way.

Recipe given to me by Marilyn Boatner.

No comments:

Post a Comment