Pages

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Pick Pockets


In 2009 I pickled cucumbers. Yes, homemade pickles. Homemade isn't cheaper than store bought. Just tastier, and I know exactly what is in them. Check out the post from August 2009 to learn how to make your own pickles too.

This cookbook has sat around for a year. I never really read it. I almost slipped it into the going to the Goodwill pile. Instead, I used this recipe to make Pick Pockets today. The book will stick around for a little while longer. There are some off the wall concoctions in it.
Just to be safe... I only made 1/4 of the recipe. My skepticism insisted that I not waste the last precious jar of homemade pickles on something that might suck. The Pick Pockets didn't suck. The recipe instructs to wrap the pickles in the dough. I actually molded the dough around the pickle as if working with clay.
Next time, I plan to use the dough but, skip the pickle part and insert cauliflower. I love deep fried cauliflower. This looks like a healthy baked option for vegetables.
Interesting enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment