Pages

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Valentine Treats

Chocolate is my comfort food, and mashed potatoes, and bacon, and toast with butter. Okay, I'm a fatty that loves all of the unhealthy stuff. Fear not, I garden so we eat plenty of vegetables too. Let's face it, February is a dreary month and we are all sick of winter by now. Comfort foods seem to mean more during February than any other month. When I need a quick, warm ,chocolate fix, this recipe fills that need.  It's not gourmet.



One Minute Brownie

The utensils:
  • a cooking vessel that holds almost 2 cups of liquid preferrably something deep
  • a microwave
  • a small bowl
  • tablespoon measuring device
  • 1/4 teaspoon measuring device
The ingredients:
  • 2 tablespoons of butter
  • 2 tablespoons of water
  • 1/4 tsp. vanilla
  • dash of salt
  • 2 tablespoons of unsweetened cocoa powder
  • 4 tablespoons of all purpose flour
  • 4 tablespoons of sugar
The directions:

In the small bowl mix together all of the dry ingredients, meanwhile microwave the butter in the said cooking vessel for 30 seconds to melt. Add water and vanilla to the butter. Mix in dry ingredients, stir this up pretty good. (Since my cooking vessel has an unusual shape, I mixed my brownie in the small bowl and then scraped it all back into the cooking vessel.) Microwave for 45-60 seconds.


There you have it... comfort. Instant gratification. I highly recommend a dollop of vanilla ice cream!
 photo of the uncooked brownie with a few chunks of dark chocolate stuffed in there

this is a small 4 inch dish

No comments:

Post a Comment