Pages

Sunday, February 24, 2013

Brussels Sprouts and Joy of Cooking

Joy of Cooking is the most complete cookbook in my library. If you don't own a copy of this book, go buy one. I like the recipes and the information provided for food items. There's also lots of good instructions for everything from baking to selecting cuts of meat. Every recipe I've tried has been a success. Today, I searched under "B" to find a good way to prepare brussels sprouts. I found information and an easy recipe.

Mister and the kid do not like brussels sprouts. The oldest daughter came over for dinner tonight so she helped me polish off the bowl of buttery, nutty goodies. The recipe serves 4-6 supposedly. I don't think so, it was a generous serving for two in our house.

Brussels Sprouts with Browned Butter and Toasted Almonds.

Steam until tender 1 lb. of brussels sprouts (15 minutes)
Meanwhile, in a skillet toast 1/2 cup of almonds (or whatever nuts you have on hand)
Remove the toasted almonds and set aside.
Place 3 tablespoons of butter into the skillet and brown until golden and delicious.
Drain the Brussels sprouts completely in a colander and add to the skillet with the butter and almonds.
Season well with plenty of salt and pepper to taste!

See, I told you it was easy.

I would plant Brussels sprouts and grow them in our home garden except I'm the only one who would benefit from the planting.

Eat 'em up ole boy!


No comments:

Post a Comment