Pages

Saturday, June 20, 2009

Doing?

Last night with anticipation of a busy weekend and Father's day I started cooking dishes to have in the refrigerator for meals at will. I received an email from Helen with two likely candidates for weekend chow. Chicken Dip will be an appetizer/ munchie for everyone. Chicken Casserole is the main dish on Sunday.

I had tons of wonderful ripe strawberries from Rittman Orchards so I am currently whipping up Frozen Strawberry Yogurt in the ice cream machine.

The vegetable dish for reheat is a Puffed Cauliflower Casserole. This is the most practical way I know to use half a cauliflower and still have plenty for fresh dipping.

What I most look forward to cooking today is Fresh Pesto with Bowtie Pasta topped by fresh grated parm. A fresh toasted hearty bread drizzled with Olive Oil and rubbed with garlic! Oh yeah baby! What to do with the leftover pine nuts is my only question of the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment