Pages

Saturday, July 25, 2009

Pesto


1/2 cup pine nuts
4 tablespoons diced garlic (9 cloves)
5 cups fresh basil leaves, packed
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
1 1/2 cups good olive oil
1 cup freshly grated Parmesan

Place the pine nuts and garlic in the food processor. Process for about 30 seconds. Add the basil leaves, salt, and pepper. With the processor running, slowly pour the olive oil into processor until the pesto is finely pureed. Add Parmesan and process for a minute. Store in the refrigerator covering the pesto with a thin layer of Olive Oil and plastic wrap in a container with a tight fitting lid.

I adapted this recipe from Ina Garten's version. I do not use walnuts in my Pesto. I like more garlic than what the original recipe uses. I knock the garlic measurement to 4 Tbls. In all fairness the basic Pesto recipe could be attributed to just about any cook.

No comments:

Post a Comment