Pages

Sunday, February 28, 2010

Dry Rub

Pulled Pork Sandwiches

Eating food, cooking food, and serving food to others are my three favorite past times. My enablers who support my cooking addiction keep me supplied with a generous helping of constructive criticism and a steady fix of inspiration.

 For example, the dinner I prepared last night was a combination of  a few new recipes, mixed with old family favorites and a few that are still under construction. Feedback is important. Ultimately I decide if the meals are good enough to blog about.  I woke up this morning undecided if I should consider last night's dinner for a blog post.

I cook the food, I eat the food, I serve the food, I just fail to post the shopping lists and recipes. I had hoped that this meal would be worthy of such attention. Unfortunately the overall meal still needs some fine tuning. Instead, I am only sharing my recipe for the Dry Rub. The recipe for the BBQ sauce is an old family favorite.

The bubbling sauce. Served as a condiment. I wasn't making BBQ pork sandwiches. There is a difference.

The Dry Rub

Moist and yummy.


My Dry Rub

2 tablespoons of brown sugar
2 tablespoons of white sugar
2 tablespoons of cracked black pepper
1/4 cup paprika
2 tablespoons salt
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon coriander
2 tablespoons of cumin
2 tablespoons of chili powder

This is enough rub to cover a 3-5 lb pork roast. Just rub it on and bake. This recipe is for the rub, not the pork so I am not offering baking instructions.
 I personally do not follow the trend of baking pork. I like my pork done! Yes the danger of getting sick from pork is cooked off at blah blah blah temperature. However, this old dog really isn't interested in new tricks when it comes to pork. I like it done...and that's that.



No comments:

Post a Comment