Dried Fruit and Walnut Conserve
1 lb. dried apricots
1/2 cup golden raisins
1/2 lb. dried cranberries
1 medium orange (1 cup chopped)
3 cups water
2 cups sugar
1 tbls. lemon juice
1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/8 tsp. ground cloves
1 cup chopped walnuts
- Chop dried fruits. Chop entire orange, including peel: discard seeds.
- Combine dried fruits,orange,and water in an 8 quart or larger pot: cover and cook until tender( about 15 minutes)
- Uncover and add remaining ingredients except nuts. Slowly bring to a boil, stirring occasionally until sugar dissolves.
- Cook rapidly, stirring frequently until thick, about 10 minutes. Add nuts during the last 5 minutes.
- Quickly ladel into clean, hot jars, leaving 1/2" headspace: seal.
- Process in boiling water bath for 15 minutes.