Pages

Monday, September 6, 2010

Celery

The celery grown in this years garden can only be judged a success...cause Hey it made great soup today! The stalks are scrawny to say the least. Fortunately for me, after a weekend of being knocked on my butt sick, Libby made me homemade Chicken Noodle Soup. She used celery, carrots, onions, dill and parsley grown right here at little ole' Columbia Creations.


I have to tell you the celery may not look as polished and magnificent as the grocery store kind. Our celery had a flavor that was so much more intense. The stalks were tender and not stringy. The same can be said for the freshly pulled carrots.
The minute Lib carried the freshly plucked garden goodies into the house I could smell how fabulous this soup would be. For me as a mom...any soup made just for me is a welcomed idea anytime. It just so happened, I was on the tail end of a weekend of sickey girl.

How sweet is my daughter? She cooked the food and took pictures of it for me?
The celery and vegetables were my creations. Sometimes things here at Columbia Creations are created by someone else. Hey...I get credit for creating Libby though...Right??

No comments:

Post a Comment