Pages

Monday, April 25, 2011

Train Ride Today

The silence a train creates late at night, is a lullaby sound that entrances me. City trains sound different from a rural train. A rural train is further away, and the whistle carries across the empty fields. This is the silence the train creates. Sleep.


Our train today

My Easter day was spent aboard a slow moving train rolling through the rain. I sat in the diner car. We had brunch. Lovely day.

Four courses were served. Sitting aboard and being served lunch was the best part of the meal for me.

The topic of trains is an unusual one here at Columbia Creations, however this nostalgic feeling inspired me to write about my train ride. I'm not intending to endorse a product or service. The link below is a good starting point to introduce the world of trains to your world.

The station where we boarded.



The National Railway Historical Society is a good place to start if you are interested in finding a chapter of this organization near you. It really is an adventure.
The rain on Easter added charm to our holiday.
Happy Spring
Rain gutters worked over time on Easter 2011

Saturday our weather cooperated just in time for the egg hunt. Each family who came for lunch took home the thinning of my chocolate mint.

No comments:

Post a Comment