Pages

Friday, March 1, 2013

Black and White Biscotti: King Arthur Flour

Black and White Biscotti: King Arthur Flour

Have you baked Biscotti? It wasn't exactly my plan to make biscotti. I just needed a recipe that used espresso powder, and there it was. I liked them. You might like them too! Give it a whirl.

Here's a photo of my Biscotti!
Since the recipe was such a success the first time around, I decided to switch it up a little bit. We liked the chocolate layer so well, it seemed only natural to make a chocolate cherry version. I didn't divide the dough or reserve half of the dough for the "white" portion. Instead, I added 4 tablespoons of cocoa powder and doubled the espresso powder to the entire dough. I had dried cherries in the pantry, after giving them a nice coarse chop, I threw 3/4 cup of cherries into the dough. Yep, my chocolate cherry version is good too! I turns out homemade biscotti is relatively easy and every bit as good, if not better, than the fancy schmancy store bought kind.

If Robert were here, I would bake him Biscotti and Raymond would not get any! Ha, see there Marie, I can baked Biscotti too.


No comments:

Post a Comment