Pages

Saturday, March 2, 2013

Frozen Bananas

And just like that, it occurred to me. Why not peel overripe bananas, put them in a freezer bag and smash them, then freeze them. It's easy to portion the amount of fruit to coordinate with your favorite recipe. Anytime you need, say 1 cup of smashed bananas, there you have them.

I have been known to toss bananas, peel still intact right into the freezer. Eventually the frost covered black mass is hauled out and thrown away. This will never happen again. Instead, there are neatly labeled, perfect portioned, pre-smashed bananas in the freezer.

I sprinkled Fruit Fresh over my bananas prior to freezing them. After one week in the freezer, the bananas retained their color and tasted fine in my recipe.

Certainly I cannot be the only person who has done this. However, I feel like a genius because the idea was all mine.



No comments:

Post a Comment