Pages

Monday, March 29, 2010

Oat Bran Honey Muffins

"The texture is so satisfying" so states one of my taste testers.

This is how the Oat Bran Muffin making began.
It all started with a 50% off sale.
For the cost of $1.30 I now have enough Oat Bran to make dozens of muffins. A mathematician I ain't, so you do the math. I'm thinking each muffin cost less than .10 to make. Bonus!! Plus, they taste great and are somewhat healthy! One thing is for certain, I could never find this quality of muffin for that cost anywhere.


Oat Bran Honey Muffins



1 1/2 cups oat bran
1 1/2 c. flour
1/2 tbsp. baking powder
1/4 tbsp. soda
1/2 tsp. salt
2 eggs, beaten
1 c. buttermilk
2 1/2 tbsp. canola oil
1/2 c. honey
2 tsps. ground cinnamon


Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Combine the 5 dry ingredients and mix. Mix eggs, buttermilk, oil and honey. Pour into dry ingredients and blend. Fill lightly greased muffin pans 2/3 full. Bake for 15 to 18 minutes. Makes 12 muffins.


Recently I made the German Chocolate Cake and Buttermilk Pancakes and I had just enough buttermilk left over to whip up one batch of muffins. I will make these over and over.

I added the cinnamon to the original recipe. Does this make the recipe mine because I added an ingredient? Okay, I will play fair! The original recipe came from cooks.com Also, the bake time on the original recipe was way off. My muffins took 16 minutes to bake and I yielded only 12 muffins. So essentially I made three changes. Well that settles it then...this recipe must be mine...

No comments:

Post a Comment