Pages

Sunday, October 21, 2012

Fruit Pizza

Not a sugar cookie dough crust. The lemon flavor of this crust makes a quick, impressive looking, and great tasting dessert much more interesting. Different versions of this recipe are floating around out there. I like mine best. This dessert is almost always requested by someone in the family.We almost always make this for family gatherings. It's best eaten within 2 days of making it.
You can experiment with different fruit. I always use kiwi, strawberries, and blueberries. I leave it at that. I've played with other fruit combinations years ago. We like it, just like this.
Anna made this one. She did a much nicer job than I ever have. It's really cool when your kids become adults and do things better than you. It confirms, I did something right over the years. She's always been my kitchen buddy. Aimee cut the fruit this time. She's good with a knife for an 11 year old kid. Of course, like her sister Anna, she has sat on the counter watching me (helping me) stirring up cookie dough, or helping me frost cupcakes, from a very young age.




Make two pans if you are having lots of company. I think this recipe should be called, fruit bars, because they really have nothing in common with pizza. To late now, we have called it fruit pizza for enough years if we tried to change the name now, that would be way to confusing.


Fruit Pizza

Crust
One box of dry Lemon Cake mix
One stick of melted butter
One egg
Mix this together and press in bottom and up the sides of a jelly roll pan.
Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven until set and ever so slightly golden. Don't over bake. If for some reason the crust does get over baked, the cream cheese topping will usually soften it a bit after being topped.
Topping
1 (8 oz) Softened package of cream cheese
1/4 cup white sugar
1 small container of cool whip
Whip together the cream cheese and white sugar, beat until smooth. Gently fold in the whip cream. Resist the temptation to lick the beater.
Fruit
use what you want, we like blueberries, strawberries, and kiwi

Slather the topping on the cooled crust. Top with the fruit. I cut my crust and topping before adding the fruit to make it easier to evenly distribute the fruit over each square.

See. Easy. tasty. memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment